Una Vita brings together more than four decades of inspirational advice that has been used by professionals in the hospital and health systems industry. Through their combined expertise, the two principals of the company, Diana Domenica Bruno and Joe Calvaruso continue to solve complicated organizational problems for people who face the challenges of running hospital programs of every size.
As the CEO of a large hospital system, Joe was the first to successfully introduce Lean Six Sigma practices into healthcare just over 10 years ago. With focus and rigor, customer value grows exponentially. With leading-edge thinking and new ideas that reduce errors and eliminate waste, Joe's teams have seen sustained improvements in hospital success metrics for over a decade.
As the principal owner of The Himwich Group, Diana has been a pioneer in building best practices for women's, neonatal and pediatric healthcare for fifteen years. Her holistic approach to provider functioning has brought fresh insights to her clients. Diana views the service provider as an organic system with the community at the center. When all of the elements of the hospital ecosystem are infused with a passion to serve that community, great things happen. Her work has yielded smart recommendations for clients that lead to more innovative, more efficient, more caring and effective interactions by every human being who touches the delivery of care.
Together, Joe and Diana are enabled to offer full-service advising, combining their proven talents in healthcare as change agents at any type of hospital system. While recognizing that each organization is unique, their combined experience addresses complications of all types of medical practices.
The change in the mindset and behaviors that result from a shared organizational vision is expressed as "Energia," the force without which innovations, process improvements, human resource management and customer experience principles cannot be sustained. Embraced by all of the humans of the organization at every level - from caregivers and support staff, physicians and nurses to the C-Suite and the hospital board, "Energia" is the life force that drives surprising changes.
This is the Una Vita Difference, as expressed in their unique model
- Innovation is no longer a catch-phrase or set of examples that are examined and brushed aside to get the real work done. Each practice is examined to determine its contribution to, or deterrence from the shared goal of the organism. Fresh ideas and new techniques are revealed by people at every level, since each one is an important touch-point to the customer
- Inspired People are the physicians and workforce, all of whom are stakeholders in each outcome, sharing the passion that accompanies the unique vision of the organization
- Sustained Processes result, and are reevaluated, as new ways to reduce errors are revealed and waste is churned out of the system
- Ultimate Experiences happen to customer, who identifies with the humanity he or she encounters and becomes a loyal advocate, contributing their own unique tile to the mosaic of caring that is the hospital or health care system
- Energia is the sustaining force that is unique to every hospital system as it is to every family, union or work of art. This type of passion is hard fought and hard won, and the clients who have it can never and will never let go of it
Together with their associated team of advisors, Diana and Joe can work with you to you uncover a thorough understanding of the functions and dysfunctions of your hospital organism, sharing strategic advice, creating embraceable visioning and delivering sustainable and measurable results across a broad range of healthcare provider systems.